GLOBUS 2022: Highlights of the South Pacific (PK)
17 Day Tour from Auckland to Sydney
Ready to wash that monotony right out of your hair? Head to the South Pacific and send it on its way. Combining fun, sun, glee, and the sea, this tour of Australia and New Zealand introduces you to the favorite features and creatures of both fascinating countries. Starting in New Zealand, you'll witness Waitomo's Glowworm Caves and Rotorua's boiling mud pools before cruising through some of the coolest fiord scenery in the world in Queenstown's Milford Sound. More uplifting sights await in the 'Land Down Under' as you take a spin on Melbourne's Star Observation Wheel, a dip in the colorful, coral-filled ocean at the Great Barrier Reef, and a ferry across Sydney Harbour to see the Opera House and other harmonious sights. While you're sure to take plenty of pictures on this tour of the South Pacific, we'll take one of you with a crocodile or koala for the ultimate souvenir.
Call (304) 523-3627 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16580065
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Auckland||Welcome to Auckland! Hotel check-in available upon arrival. A pre-night is not required for early check-in. Schedule flights to arrive by 4:30 pm in time for a welcome meeting and dinner. (D)|
|Day 2||Auckland||AUCKLAND Guided sightseeing includes Queen Street, Auckland Domain (Auckland's oldest park), and historic Parnell Village. Ferry crossing to Waiheke Island. Free time this evening. WAIHEKE ISLAND Guided sightseeing of the island includes a visit to an olive grove, plus a tour, tasting, and lunch at a [LF] local vineyard. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Rotorua||Scenic drive through the pastoral region of Waikato en route to Waitomo. WAITOMO Sightseeing with Local Guide at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves includes a boat trip through the Glowworm Grotto. MATAMATA Guided tour of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Hobbiton movie set includes the hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn, and structures built for the filming. Continue to Rotorua. ROTORUA Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 4||Rotorua||ROTORUA Guided sightseeing includes Te Puia with its geysers, boiling mudpools, and silica terraces. Visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see native bush and wildlife including the shy Kiwi bird. Free time this afternoon. In the evening, enjoy a traditional [LF] Hangi dinner (roasted meats and vegetables cooked underground with hot stones), followed by an authentic Maori (indigenous Polynesian people) cultural performance with singing, dancing, and storytelling. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Rotorua with a flightseeing excursion over volcanoes, lakes, and mountains. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||ROTORUA-QUEENSTOWN||Fly to Queenstown.QUEENSTOWN A scenic gondola ride to the top of Bob's Peak includes dinner with amazing views of Coronet Peak, The Remarkable Mountains, Lake Wakatipu, and Queenstown. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Queenstown||MILFORD SOUND Full-day sightseeing in Fiordland National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) includes a scenic cruise on Milford Sound with the chance to see marine wildlife, waterfalls, glaciers, and rainforest. Late evening return to Queenstown. (B,L)NOTE:Please note that the excursion to Milford Sound may happen on Day 7 depending on weather and road conditions today.|
|Day 7||Queenstown||QUEENSTOWN Free day. (B)|
|Day 8||QUEENSTOWN-MELBOURNE||Fly to Melbourne. MELBOURNE Free time the remainder of the day. (B)|
|Day 9||Melbourne||MELBOURNE Guided sightseeing includes Parliament House, the Shrine of Remembrance, Queen Victoria Market, and beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. A ride on the [LF] Melbourne Star Observation Wheel includes a sparkling drink, appetizers, and views of Melbourne and the bay. Free time the remainder of the day. (B,L)|
|Day 10||Melbourne||MELBOURNE Free day. (B)|
|Day 11||Cairns||Fly to Cairns, 'Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.' CAIRNS Visit to Hartley's Crocodile Adventures includes kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, and more native species. [LF] Have your photo taken with a koala or a crocodile. Dinner this evening at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Cairns||OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF Scenic catamaran cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) includes the option of snorkeling, a glass-bottom-boat tour, an underwater observatory, and watching a fish feeding. CAIRNS Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 13||Cairns||CAIRNS Free day. (B)|
|Day 14||Sydney||Fly to Sydney SYDNEY Free time the remainder of the day. (B)|
|Day 15||Sydney||SYDNEY Sightseeing includes a tour of the Sydney Opera House (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) with a Local Guide. See the financial district, Mrs Macquarie's Chair, the botanic gardens, and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Visit to world-famous Manly Beach includes free time, followed by ferry crossing to Sydney Harbour. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 16||Sydney||SYDNEY Free day before a farewell dinner at a waterfront restaurant this evening. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Sydney with a guided climb to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 17||Sydney||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).