Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2024 v2
Descend from the Mile High City into the foothills of the Rockies and through the badlands, canyons, and arches rising from desert landscapes. From Arches and Canyonlands National Parks tours and a Be My Guest lunch experience at a family owned peach orchard to the Grand Canyon, it's a best-of experience not to be missed.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 6 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 1 Dinner (D)
- Palisade: Visit the 'Peach and Wine Capital of Colorado', perfectly nestled along the Colorado River. Stop at a local family's orchards, 'Connect with Locals' as you meet with family members and learn about the history of this farming family.
- Grand Canyon National Park: Meet a geologist at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to learn about how this natural marvel was formed and all the different layers that make up the Colorado Plateau.
- Vail: Vail is one of Colorado's great playgrounds. While the winter attracts the ski crows, the summer draws in guests to the European-style Vail Village. Surrounded by towering peaks the pedestrian village offers a unique mix of shops, restaurants, pubs, and cafes. The locals take pride in their friendliness and making sure that Vail has a cosmopolitan feel while at the same time remaining unprentious.
- Moab: Enjoy small town hospitality with incredible red rock landscapes with a visit to Moab.
- Arches National Park: Visit Arches National Park, housing the greatest concentration of natural arches in the world. Some 6,000 natural sandstone arches can be found within the boundaries of the national park.
- Canyonlands National Park: It's on to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky - a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 meters) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Admire the ancient cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloan people, carved out of the sandstone of the canyon walls, at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park. Several hundred of these dwellings, in addition to thousands of known archaeological sites, are preserved in this protected area and you'll have an opportunity to see several during your visit to the park, as you ride along the Mesa Top Loop, and Cliff Palace Loop, where you can see the magnificent Cliff Palace.
- Cameron: Explore the historic Cameron Trading Post, founded over one hundred years ago. Our visit helps support the Navajo who live in the area and sell their goods, such as Navajo jewelry, baskets, rugs, kachinas, pottery and artwork.
- Las Vegas: Go sightseeing in the largest city in Nevada and one of the world's greatest resort cities, Las Vegas.
- Grand Canyon: Travel to Desert View and bask in the views of the Grand Canyon and the iconic watchtower decorated with its Hopi artist murals. Make your way to an Inter-tribal Cultural Heritage site where members share their stories, family histories and provide cultural demonstrations such as carpet weaving and traditional song and dance performances. Our visit and donation provide a continuous source of seed funding for the heritage site while allowing guests to engage directly with Indigenous community members.
- Monument Valley: Make Travel Matter on a journey through the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide.
- : Discover the Grand Canyon with Tim, a Local Specialist and Geologist
- : Visit Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas
- : See Delicate Arch in Arches National Park
- : Scenic Drive along Desert View Drive and Route 66
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : All transport and transfers shown
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (304) 523-3627 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17471640
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2023
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Denver||Discover Denver: Channel your inner pioneer as you embark on an epic encounter with the peaks, canyons and deserts of what was once the treacherous Wild West. We kick-start our expedition in Denver, exploring the Mile High City at your leisure before meeting our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception this evening.|
Sheraton Denver Downtown
|Day 2||Vail||Venture to Vail: Ascend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide en route to the alpine village of Vail, renowned for its epic powder-filled alpine basins that have attracted skiers since the 1960s. We then make our way to the town of Palisade for a Be My Guest lunch at a local peach orchard. Learn how peaches are grown and harvested before enjoying a lunch inspired by local ingredients. We continue to Moab for an evening on your terms.|
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
|Day 3||Moab||Explore Utah's Arches and Canyons: Tread lightly through the captivating landscapes of Utah's Arches and Canyonlands National Parks as you explore Mother Nature's profound mark on the surrounding geology. Deep canyons, towering spires and mesas give way to thousands of fiery sandstone arches during today's encounter with two soul-stirring national parks. See iconic Delicate Arch and if you like, take a short hike to the view point for an up close look. Reconnect with nature and admire how the land has adapted to the ravages of wind, water and time. Then, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.|
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
|Day 4||Monument Valley||Pioneer Through Monument Valley: This morning, say goodbye to the playground of giants and arrive at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park where you'll enjoy a rare opportunity to delve into the history and culture of the once-flourishing community of the Ancestral Pueblo people. Explore their beautifully preserved dwellings hewn from the sandstone cliff centuries ago and look down at the massive Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in the world. Later, deepen your connection with the first nations of this land as we head toward Monument Valley - home to the Navajo Nation and the backdrop of many famous Hollywood Western movies. The afternoon and evening are at leisure.|
|Day 5||Grand Canyon||Roam the Grand Canyon Make Travel Matter: The arresting beauty of Monument Valley is yours to explore this morning as we join a Local Specialist driving in an open-air vehicle past towering sandstone buttes and mesas that rise from the barren landscape on this MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. We continue through the ancestral home of the Navajo, arriving at Cameron Trading Post for your chance to take home some handmade Native American crafts and jewellery. Driving along the scenic Desert View Drive, skirt the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and gaze into its mesmerizing multi-coloured depths while gaining insights into its geologic life. Stop at Desert View Intertribal Cultural Heritage Site to hear stories, family histories and cultural demonstrations by tribal members on a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. Then unlock the geological wonders of Grand Canyon on a private nature walk with a geological expert, Canyon Tim. Join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner to reminisce over the epic landscapes encountered along our journey.|
National Park Lodges Grand Canyon
|Day 6||Las Vegas||A Scenic Journey to Las Vegas: Rise early to catch the first rays of light as they illuminate the canyon. Consider an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to view this feat of nature from the sky or enjoy a leisurely morning, before we journey to Sin City. Desolation gives way to a desert oasis as we cruise back in time past motels, diners and gas stations towards the dazzling lights of Las Vegas.|
Horseshoe Las Vegas
|Day 7||Las Vegas||So Long Vegas: Our exhilarating adventure through the canyon lands has come to an end. Grab some breakfast as you prepare to say farewell to your friends or consider extending your stay at Horseshoe, Las Vegas. Depart at your leisure to Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class