Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
All aboard for one of the world's most beautiful train journeys. On this exciting Switzerland trip, you'll travel through the stunning Swiss countryside. It's a gem of a trip featuring life in tiny villages and sophisticated cities, not to mention Zermatt with it's cosy, typical Swiss appeal.
- Discover Zurich, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Geneva and Lucerne
- View the Matterhorn (weather permitting), the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, the Swiss Alps in Interlaken and the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Scenic Train Ride on the Glacier Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt and on the Golden Pass Train from Geneva to Lucerne
- Chexbres: Savour an exclusive Be My Guest lunch at Chexbres on the shores of Lake Geneva.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Train from Zurich to St. Moritz
- Glacier Express Train from St. Moritz to Zermatt
- High-speed train from Zermatt to Vevey
- Golden Pass route train journey from Geneva to Lucerne
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (304) 523-3627 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17817011
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2024
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Welcome to Zurich: Zurich is our springboard to a spectacular journey through Switzerland. Explore its mix of ancient heritage and modern verve during your orientation tour before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception to launch your Swiss experience.
|Onwards by Train to St. Moritz
|Onwards by Train to St. Moritz: Our love affair with the snow-capped peaks of Switzerland begins on a scenic train journey via Chur to the stylish resort of St. Moritz, set against the beautiful backdrop of Lake St. Moritz. Admire the inspiring natural setting and perhaps travel on one of Switzerland's most spectacular rail routes across the Bernina pass this afternoon, before enjoying St. Moritz at your leisure tonight.
|Catch the Glacier Express to Zermatt
|Catch the Glacier Express to Zermatt: Embrace the glamour and romance of a bygone era. Watch the epic alpine landscapes drift past as you chug along one of the world's most unforgettable rail journeys from the comfort of the Glacier Express. Cross hundreds of bridges and the Oberalp Pass at 6,700 feet (2,044 m) above sea level. Enjoy an included lunch on board as you journey past lakes and glaciers bound for the resort town of Zermatt, at the foothills of the imposing Matterhorn.
|Discover Scenic Zermatt
|Discover Scenic Zermatt: Join your Travel Director for an orientation walk around this car-free resort before spending the rest of the day on your own, indulging in the tranquil mountain atmosphere. Consider an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn, ascending over snow-capped mountains to Europe's highest cable car station.
|A Train Journey to Lakeside Geneva
|A Train Journey to Lakeside Geneva Connect with Locals: We board a train to Vevey and Connect With Locals in Chexbres on the shores of Lake Geneva. We'll enjoy lunch at this memorable Be My Guest experience, then continue to sophisticated Geneva where your orientation will include views of the Old Town, Jet d'Eau and the Flower Clock, paying tribute to the city's centuries-old watchmaking traditions. Later, explore the sights of this lakeside city on your own. Stroll through the ancient maze of medieval streets and quiet squares or consider a cruise - enjoying views of the lakeside villages.
|Journey on the Golden and Brunig Pass to Interlaken and Lucerne
|Journey on the Golden and Brunig Pass to Interlaken and Lucerne: Picture-perfect landscapes are our constant companion as we journey from Geneva along the Golden Pass route. We stop at Interlaken in the heart of the Swiss Alps. Spend some time at leisure and enjoy superb views of the peaks of the Bernese Oberland. We follow the Brunig Pass to the lakeside town of Lucerne in central Switzerland, where we will stay for the next two nights. The evening is free to spend as you wish, but you could choose to show off your vocal talents and learn how to yodel during an optional fun-packed Swiss folklore show with fondue dinner.
|Explore Medieval Lucerne: Mountain top peaks surround you as you wander through the medieval streets of Lucerne on an orientation walk. Visit the poignant Lion Monument, built in memory of the Swiss Guard who bravely defended Louis XVI during the French Revolution. View the covered wooden Chapel Bridge spanning the Reuss with its decorated wooden panels, which chronicle the history of Lucerne. Later consider an Optional Experience to a nearby mountain peak, or explore the Old Town and shop for delicious Swiss chocolate. Tonight, we join our Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.
|Journey Home: We say a fond farewell to Switzerland and newfound friends at the end of a remarkable Swiss holiday. Your Travel Director will give you tickets for the short train journey from Lucerne to Zurich Airport, which can be used at your convenience for the onward journey.
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class